Join Our Evolution!
Sudler is evolving into a leading-edge, digital-forward healthcare communications agency with a focus on building the creative powerhouse of the future—a transparent environment in which people are empowered to learn, grow, and be part of creating something great. Our search is on for diverse, innovative, and passionate professionals to help us lead the way forward. Are you the one we are looking for? If you are ready to win awards, push creative boundaries, get inspired, disrupt the industry, and provide best-in-class client service, we want to hear from you.
The Senior Project Manager (SPM) is responsible for managing and delivering complex programs and projects for multiple client accounts. All projects under the oversight of the SPM must be delivered on time, on specification, on budget, and supply completed documentation. The SPM will ensure that all client projects are delivered within the delivery process, from kickoff to project close-out, partnering closely with Account Management and the client to clarify program design and details. The SPM also participates in new business activities, yearly account planning, and assists in establishment of project management (PM) process definition and coordination. The SPM reports into the VP, Director of Project Management, and depending on team assignment may have 1-2 junior project managers reporting into them.
What You’ll Accomplish
- Lead multifunctional team, across Account, Strategy, Medical, IA, Creative, Digital, etc, in defining the overall scope of a project and leading it through execution and project close-out
- Develop, own, and manage program timelines for full client brands, highlighting cadence of tactic interdependencies, and providing solutions for project efficiencies. Proficiently organize project workflow and creative deliverables among agency, client technology team, and vendor partners. Ascertain project risks and future impact of project decisions proactively to ensure project and deliverables stay on track, escalating and documenting as appropriate
- Develop cost estimates for full brand tactics. Track ongoing costs and changes in scope throughout project lifecycle, and reconcile estimates to actuals on all projects. Proactively identify staffing, resourcing, or budget challenges, and develop solutions to address
- Serve a client-facing role supporting the business objectives and delivery. Manage internal and client expectations as they relate to project scope
- Ensure that all team members are following agency and client standard operating procedures, and using appropriate tools and templates for each required task. Identify and communicate team training needs
- Evangelize for best practice PM process/methodologies, to ensure efficiency in workflow practices across all capabilities, and partners with VP, Director of Project Management to ensure understanding of process within all agency capabilities
What You Need to Succeed
- Strong communication and documentation skills, including familiarity with Microsoft Office Suite and MS Project, for development of task-based project plans and timelines
- Comprehensive knowledge of, and experience with, the latest trends in both the traditional and interactive marketing industries, including emerging digital platforms, to drive and inform full execution process
- Firm understanding of MLR process and inputs needed throughout pharma/healthcare marketing lifecycle, with associated career experience (5+ years of experience at pharma/healthcare agency or similar; BS/BA degree preferred)
- Entrepreneurial spirit with desire to lead and drive collaboration in team environment. Strong ability to prioritize and balance multiple initiatives and tasks to ensure team success
- Be a key contributor in weekly resource planning sessions, evaluates staffing needs across clients and brands; works with other department leads to prioritize work, fill resource gaps, and anticipate future resource needs
What We Offer You
- A storied history of building ideas that have stood the test of time
- A comprehensive and competitive benefits package
- A fun, socially aware group of employees
- Access to a wide range of WPP Health & Wellness network resources
- Opportunity to grow within the organization and across the network
Sudler & Hennessey Is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, disability, gender, age, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, pregnancy, veteran status, or any other status protected by state and/or federal law.