Precept Medical Communications is where science finds greater significance. Making science relevant to clinical practice is critical to brand success. By aligning scientific experts with account strategists in a 1:1 ratio, we ensure that science and medicine are communicated in a meaningful way, advance our audience’s abilities and enhance the practice of healthcare. Our 1:1 ratio of account to science/medical staff ensures a synergistic approach that powers scientific communications to take on greater significance, with measurable results for our clients and their brands. At Precept Medical Communications, our medical affairs staff is critical to our philosophy and approach.
The Associate Medical Director is responsible for providing strategic insight and medical direction based on thorough knowledge of Client’s product and therapeutic area. The AMD will research, write, develop, and deliver, within budget and on time, strategic and scientifically accurate materials for a variety of healthcare audiences.
What You’ll Accomplish
- Write and/or developed medical communications materials such as slide presentations and accompanying notes, poster presentations, new offerings developed by the company, content for internet sites, videos vignettes, other enduring materials, and meeting agendas-all consistent with AMA, specific journal, and/or client style guidelines
- Develop referenced outlines for programs to ensure the completed materials meet clients’ objectives.
- Provide accurate citations in text and generate bibliographies
- Prepare annotated supporting references for each project
- Identify permissions needed for reproducing copyrighted material. In conjunction with program director and/or editor, secure permissions
- Maintain Reference Manager database
- Assist in the development of scientific platforms, including research and compiling all relevant data for generation of a comprehensive data gap analysis
- Cultivate existing relationships with key opinion leaders and initiate new relationships to drive appropriate communication strategies and content
- Collaborate with internal teams, clients and/or other external parties, as necessary, during the development and review of educational materials
What You Need to Succeed
- Demonstrated ability to work in a highly collaborative environment to develop and execute medical communications programs for clients
- Ability to interpret data, develop key insights and assess the impact of recommendations on client business objectives
- Advanced degree (ie, PhD, PharmD, MD)
- Prior experience in medical education is a plus but not required
- Willingness to travel (up to 25% of time)
What We Offer You
- A storied history of building ideas that have stood the test of time
- A comprehensive and competitive benefits package
- A fun, socially aware group of employees
- Access to a wide range of WPP Health & Wellness network resources
- Opportunity to grow within the organization and across the network
Precept Medical Communications, Part of Sudler & Hennessey, Is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, disability, gender, age, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, pregnancy, veteran status, or any other status protected by state and/or federal law.